2017 was a remarkable year at Polymorph filled with inspiring people, companies and conferences. We launched our first e-book which you can download for free here.
We have written almost 50 blogs and articles, attended international and local conferences and had six speaking engagements on topics as diverse as machine learning and IoT tracking to VR, gaming and curating the user journey. We were honoured to be a sponsor of the MTN Business App Awards and we exhibited at four events.
- I presented ‘Combining Behavioural Science and the Internet of Things with ML to increase efficiency’ at the Exe ML conference in Johannesburg and was honoured to present in Belgium for the first time when we were invited by GeoIoT. The talk was on ‘BLE Beacons & GPS: Providing context to increase productivity’. Click here for the article.
- In March, our CCO Colin Payne, and the co-founder of Sozo Labs, Gerrit Kruger, spoke at Cape Town International Animation Festival on ‘VR, Games and Apps: Animation as the Language of Interaction’. Click here for Colin’s info packed article.
- Chantal Louw spoke on ‘Curating and the art of the physical user journey’ at UX South Africa. Click here to read Part I and here for Part II.
- Wim Morris was part of the panel discussion discussing ‘IoT Possibilities through Openness and Collaboration across Industries with Thomas Brenna, Discovery and Byron Moorgas, TomTom Africa.
Most of the products that we worked on this year still under NDA and not yet made public. However, the great people from Ctrl have this to say after working with us this year.
“As non-tech founders, working with Polymorph helped us to understand and translate our customer value proposition into the most efficient technology requirements and gave us the confidence that the correct technology decisions were made early on in our journey”
International Conferences, Exhibitions and Awards
- WorldSummitAI held in Amsterdam, Holland, click here for Part I and Part II.
- VRDays, Amsterdam, Holland. For an informative follow-up, click here and here for Five Tips for Retailers moving into VR/AR.
- GeoIoT in Brussels, Belgium. Click here for the article on ‘Providing context to increase productivity’.
South African Conferences, Exhibitions and Awards
- WorldSummitAI MTN Business‘ Mind2Machine IoT Conference and Awards Ceremony where we presented the award for Best Financial App to Shyft, Standard Bank’s buy and sell currency app.
- IoT Forum Africa, Johannesburg.
- Cape Town International Animation Festival where Colin Payne and Gerrit Kruger presented their talk on ‘VR, Games and Apps: Animation as the Language of Interaction‘.
Blogs and Articles
CCO Colin Payne and I blogged frequently this year and here are our five top blogs as voted by the readers;
- The positive responses we received to the blogs on canvases as well as the need we see from entrepreneurs and intrapreneurs, we created a free e-book including; Vision Canvas, Product Vision Canvas, Business Model Canvas, Lean Canvas and Product Canvas. Click here for your free copy
- For the ‘3 Reasons why we follow an Agile App Development Process’, click here
- For how to ‘Align your Minimum Viable Product to become a Minimum Viable Experience’, click here
- For the ’10 steps to follow when creating a product development plan’, click here
- For the ‘Five tips for Retailers moving into AR/VR’, click here
Alphawave is now a majority shareholder in Polymorph. We’ve moved closer together and are collaborating on various projects within the group.
Although the festive season means that for many there will be a few weeks of celebration, as always, Polymorph’s doors are open. Please do contact us to chat about what you are up to.
Share this Post
Free Product Development Canvas E-book
A step-by-step guide to Product Development using Canvases.
Click here to download.